Super Bow(l) Sunday, DB's W48 Finale!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
It's been 3yrs in the coming, but on Sunday I'm going to finish up my Winter 48 with Lincoln & Lafayette and I hope you will join me in celebrating.

I know what you're thinking. Why on earth would I plan to finish on Super Bowl Sunday? Simple, to add to the fun and festivities! Don't worry though, we're not going to miss a single play. My plan is to hit the trail at 7:30a sharp, summit Lafayette by 11a and reach the cars again by 1p. After that, we'll head over to Woodstock Station for a celebratory pint and a bite. We'll leave WS by 3p and that will give us plenty of time to get to my house by 5p where we'll be having a potluck Super Bowl party. Since the game doesn't start 'til 6p, it all works out nicely and there's even a little wiggle room.

We plan on doing the traditional Falling Waters/OBP route. If you want to take a different route and meet us up there or start earlier, that's cool. We'll see you up there. If you want to meet us at Woodstock Station, that's cool too. Ditto if you just want to join us for the after party. Regardless of what point in the day I see you, I'll be thrilled that you came out and joined me in the celebration. It's sure to be a great day.

Please email me by Friday afternoon if you'll be joining us so I'll know where and when I might see you. I really hope you'll come out.

I will give you credit for 2 things: 1) making football a priority, 2) saving "the loop" for last. Credit given in that order.

- darren

[QUOTE=HikerDoc]Weather permitting, I'm in.[/QUOTE]

The wind can be very strong on Lincoln-Lafayette. Last january I done
those two peaks with some wind over 60 miles/per hours.... :) :)

Rejean said:
[QUOTE=HikerDoc]Weather permitting, I'm in.[/QUOTE]

those two peaks with some wind over 60 miles/per hours.... :) :)

Yes, I've been up there in December and had a bit of weather.

Fortunately, it's looking like the temps will be in the 20's on the summit, the wind will be under 20mph, and there's only a 20% chance on snow. Sounds like it'll be a good day! :)

Dr. Dasypodidae said:
Have fun on The Loop this Sunday, Double Bow. What will power to save those two winter peaks for your finish. And, I thought that I did well to save Moosilauke.

Thanks. Having done them in mid-December and early-April made saving them easier. Hope to cross paths again soon.

Any surprise guests will be more than welcome tomorrow!

Double Bow's Last Winter 4K's

Did you posthole the trail to Shining Rock? We saw some major holes along with small doggy paw prints and wondered if it was you. Also did you leave a snow note by the side of the trail near the bridge?

those two peaks with some wind over 60 miles/per hours....

Rejean we had similar wind yesterday...

that was me with the encouraging snow notes. :D I hope they helped. Did you guys get a later than anticipated start? I started up at 7am, thinking I'd see you all by treeline or so. Took a long lunch at Greenleaf around noon, and then headed down. Got to the trailhead at 1:30. I hope you all had a great time up there. sorry I missed you all.

We didn't even get to the parking lot until 7:35. Then Matts came over to chat, then people suited & booted, then we strolled under 93 to the other parking lot and looked around for people. Then Whichway arrived and had to ready herself. We didn't get on the trail until 8:30 or so. Double Bow carried some special Double Bow brews up and over to Greenleaf for the celebration and was glad that we were there to help lighten his load. :p I expect him to post a report with photos of him wearing his #12 Pats jersey on the summits.