pretty event in morning sky

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Rising due southeast just before the dawn of Sunday the 3rd, Venus and Jupiter will be joined by a waning crescent Moon in Sagittarius. Slow-moving Jupiter has been in Sagittarius for quite some time. Local clouds have stumped me for the last few days from seeing Venus come along, and Moon will be along tomorrow mourning. This will be a beautiful gathering in a nice constellation.

happy trails :)

ahhh! so that explains a lot of things!

Such observations make trips to good viewpoints that much sweeter.

forestgnome said:
Rising due southeast just before the dawn of Sunday the 3rd, Venus and Jupiter will be joined by a waning crescent Moon in Sagittarius. Slow-moving Jupiter has been in Sagittarius for quite some time. Local clouds have stumped me for the last few days from seeing Venus come along, and Moon will be along tomorrow mourning. This will be a beautiful gathering in a nice constellation.

Got a grainy shot of it Sunday:

http://viewsandbrews.com/temp/k4.jpg

Tom, that must have been beautiful! Although the pic is grainy, I can see the Moon and planets and color of the morning sky. My sky was completely cloudy. Thanks!

Hmmm ... I saw that under crystal clear early sky and thought "Hmm, you don't see that everyday ..." guess I shoulda taken a picture.

Great photo, it must have been something to see!

One of the MANY wonderful things about having a very small puppy is that you are outside a lot at all times of the day and night... :rolleyes:

I have seen more of the night sky and daybreak in the last few months than in years. I used to forget to look up and see the stars whenever I was out at night, but no more!

Sadly she is starting to sleep through the nights, hum, maybe I should wake HER up and take her out just for fun! ;)