Flat Mtn Pond (XC Ski) from Whiteface Intervale Rd 2/9/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca M

Reaction score
Trails: Flat Mountain Pond trail (from north)

Conditions: About 6-8" of new powder over ice, now packed.

Special Equipment: I used skis (skinny no-wax) and put on the skins the last couple miles. Others followed in snowshoes - either worked pretty well.

Comments: The trail was pretty difficult to follow - I'm pretty lucky that every time I thought I lost it, another yellow blaze popped up out of nowhere. Snow bridges were in good shape. I finally totally lost the trail at the pond and skied across it to the shelter. I hit my turnaround time (2pm) and never made my objective: the hairpin turn, about a mile further. A few spots of sun and nice views. This trail is a pretty nice ski for a non-expert!

Also, I had originally planned to start at the Bennett St. parking area but never found the trailhead. I found many deadends which may have been skimobile trails. If anyone knows how to find the Bennett St trailhead, or what to look for (I found no signs either), could you please email me or post a reply? If not, I may post a question in one of the other forums. I had a GPS (without topos) AND the 26th edition of the WMG but nothing helped!!!

Name: Becca Munroe

email: [email protected]