NH Photo Quiz #11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
In keeping with the numbering, this is the 11th quiz, and if popular enough, I have pre-prepared 3 editions. This one is a little different. We've had topo maps and we've had Google Earth maps. This time, the subjects are photographs. These are all in NH, and all within the traditional confines of the WMNF. Not all are 4Ks, but most were taken while peak bagging. There are a mix of easy, hard, summits, cairns, waterfalls, etc. I believe they will be harder each edition... but who knows.

RULE: Only one answer per person per 24-hour period!

It is encouraged that if you know several then you should only answer the one you judge to be hardest. However you can say "oh I know #1,2,6,8 etc etc blah blah" Just leave them for others.

1. What mountain is this?

2. What peak is this?

3. On what brook is this falls? Partial credit for naming the trail which runs past it.

4. Whose cairn am I?

5. Name this peak. Bonus / extra credit for "where was I standing when I took the picture."

6. Where am I standing?

7. What peak am I?

8. Where am I?

9. Name this 'feature'

10. What peak is this? Bonus points for answering "Where was I or what was I doing when I took this picture?"

Enjoy,
Tim

#3: Nineteen Mile Brook Trail...Wildcat/Carter Range???

I could be way off...

askus3 said:
2. Hancock
5. South Kinsman from Harrington Pond
8. a spruce trap in the snow

All incorrect. Only one answer per person per day, please.

Marc is right about #5 - Mt. Kancamagus from Greeley Ponds.

8 right so far:

1) West Bond (from Bondcliff)
3) Gibbs Brook, along Crawford Path
4) Eisenhower
5) Mt. Kancamagus from Greeley Ponds.
6) Shining Rock
7) Mount Clay
8) Galehead
9) The Chimney (Osceolas)

The two that remain are the hardest 2 of the lot. Marc knows what #10 is but it took him a lot of thinking... and I'm sure he'll stay quiet for a while...

Tim