Old Trail Info for Mt. Prospect (Campton)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Periwinkle

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get info on old trails? I thought someone had posted a link once. I didn't save it and can't Google anything good on the subject.

I'm looking for information about old trails to Mt. Prospect (the one in Campton, not the one with the auto road), including a description of the "Miser's Cave". Any help would be appreciated.

From the 1940 AMC guide:

(From Plymouth) turn left just beyond the Holderness School onto the Pulsifer Hill road which leads generally NE to an old farm road near J W Pulsifer's house about four miles from the village (Plymouth?). This road on the right follows through the pasture to the woods near the summit where the blue trail from North Holderness comes in and should be followed to the top.

This Mt Prospect is actually in Holderness. It's the only one anywhere near Campton. I couldn't find anything about Miser's Cave.

http://world.std.com/~Whites/index.html is the link for the Lost Trails site. I didn't see anything about Mt Prospect on that.

Edit: Silly me, I should have read the description from the Holderness side. Either way, in 1940 you would finish the hike to the summit on a blue blaze trail which continued past the summit 1/4 mile to Miser's Cave.

Last edited:
Ooops, Holderness it is...my bad....

Thank you both for the information. This is making for an interesting spring diversion!