Mountaingirl North Pole Send-Off Party Friday 4/4/08....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
Since Mountaingirl is heading off to Santa next week, we need to send her off in style.....not a lot off beer can be bought above 80 degrees north latitude :D

Location: Doyles in Harvard Square.......I'll be there from 6:30 or so......I think Lei as well......

Bring your wish lists for next X-mas :)

Link: http://www.tommydoyles.com/harvard/

Observe that we are in the Harvard one.......not Kendall Square.....

Last edited:
good luck and safe travels Lei -

Sorry can't make it - but very important Bruins game tonight, and I got plans back home to watch it with a few cold ones and watch every second

Not a lot of postings on this thread but we were a dozen or so who showed up and there were still going strong at the third bar of the night when Gillian, Dave and I went home.

I think Mountaingirl ran home 6 miles with a couple of car tires dragging behind afterwards.....she likes to do that :)

She's looking strong and fit and My bet is she's gonna make it!

After that she's done eight out of nine tasks......go Mountaingirl!

Thanks! last call for your Xmas wish!

Many thanks to Mats for organizing the party! Also thanks to Gillian, Mestky, Nartreb and many other friends for a fun night! I need to ask Santa for some special gift for our VFTT gangs!

I'm glad the boring tire-pulling will finally come to an end for a while (not ruling out repeated visits to Santa in the future). I'm leaving Apr 9th, followed by a short training of 3-4 days, then the official start is Apr 16, expect to arrive at pole on Apr 27, and back to Boston Apr 30. I will try to update my website when I can -- http://www.LeisVentures.com

Last call for Xmas wish!

Last edited:
Have a safe and fun trip....

two wishes....peace to all! and a 2008 NY Yankee World Championship!

That's ok....

I'm reading your web site....i love it......so exciting.....how is your family dealing with your passion?....I'm a teacher in NYC and somehow I'm going to mention it to them....the 5th graders learned about Mt Shasta in the science program that I teach them....it's such a good motivation for girls to see role models .....I'm going to show your site to my daughter (she's in my avatar)maybe she was the first Jewish Philipino/American 10yo to climb Katahdin?

Have a great and safe trip!

Shhhh... I will trust you to keep the secret, my family don't know what I'm doing here. They are in faraway city Beijing.

mountaingirl said:
Shhhh... I will trust you to keep the secret, my family don't know what I'm doing here. They are in faraway city Beijing.
Ah, that strategy works well. :)

Have a great time, watch out for reindeer poop, maybe you should bring one of your tires along for good luck? Did you ever name them?

Santa is a Red Sox fan, just look at the color of his outfit.

Reactions: arm
Didn't we agree that the tires are called Dunlop Dave and Dunlop Mats? I don't think I can pass through security with such suspicious object, maybe a mini-Dave or mini-Mats could work though.

just showed kids the Denali pics....will you be able to keep in touch via the web on your trip?

Are you going with strangers or do you know who is already in your group?..
Kids have so many questions...also when is your departure?

Kids' questions are always so cute!

I leave this Wednesday, Apr 9th.

I'm going with 8 strangers, though I actually know one of the team members, who was on Aconcagua trip with me last year.

I'm NOT carrying my own communication solution, but the company could receive daily updates of team status. I'm still trying to sort out how to link the updates to my website.

Last edited:
Wow, congrats!....I just read the trip reports, very interesting how they drifted back South a few times.....and their friend who had to go back because of frostnip...sad to hear about the amount of water they ran into....sounds like a great trip that I'd only read on National Geographic or VFTT!

Soon enough a boat might be a better form of transportation up there......does anyone know when she's coming back?

We got to fatten her up again :D