6th annual Adirondack Gathering and BBQ August 7-10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again to start thinking about another get together. As promised it's going to be the second weekend in August. I know it's a few months early to be posting this, well maybe, but maybe this time no excuses. Here's a little run down.

Thursday​
The party starts slow, people start showing up and setting up camp. We have a bonfire, drinks and usually order in.
Friday
Many hiking parties start out for the day. We return and many group up to go out for dinner. Later that night another bonfire. Many more people show up.
Saturday​
More hikes planned from the night before, longer hikes usually. Many groups come back late. This is the night for a large bonfire and a party. It’s a potluck dinner style. Everyone brings a local brew from their area to share and a dish for the dinner.
Sunday​
Usually another hiking day, before the long ride back home. Breakfast at the Noonmark Diner. Time to start planning for next years gathering.
Directions
Get off Exit 32 of Interstate 87, head East on County Route 12. Go about 1 mile to a sharp left in the road, second house on the left (green and tan ranch).
Parking
There is some parking in my driveway for about 10 cars. Most parking is behind my house. Look for a dirt drive on the left in the middle of the sharp left turn I mentioned above. Follow this and bear right behind my place. Park in the field and carry your gear a few feet to my back lawn. Set up camp anywhere you would like. (Please no parking on my back lawn).

I'll be there, probably kayaking on Lake champlain or somewhere in the area...

Jay

I'm putting it in my calendar and will plan on being there unless work gets in the way. I don't foresee that as a problem for August though. I'll bring some real Absinthe and some other foreign booze that I've acquired in my travels.

Tom - yes, count me in for MacNaughton!!!

With all the celebrities enrolled I'll sure try to make it

Puffer?

C'est avec bien regrets que je dois obliger de decliner votre tres aimable invitation.

I just learned this sentence and thought that it was so cool. I'm looking forward to studying French at Middlebury College this summer, and the session doesn't let out 'til Aug. 16.

You are most kind to host this great gathering. I hope to attend the summer gathering again in the future.

I will be out in the CDN Rockies during the first 2 weeks of August and will miss yet another premier Adirondack/VFTT event.

WOO HOO!
I get back from europe on the 5th so I'll be there... Macnaughton would be great for my 47th seeing as I've just finished the other 46. :)

Spence,

Great stuff and I'll make sure I get the weekend right this year! :eek: Man, I still can't believe that I missed it...

Jay, I'll bring my kayak...

Tom, sounds like a winner! We're going to have to split up if the interest continues. Spence can take one half and Brian the other!! :)

Cool, I've asked Darren to see if he wants to do some kayaking in LC too... we'll see...

Jay