Pleasant Mt. via ledges Tr. 04/08/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Pleasant Mt. via ledges Tr. 04/15/08

Trail through the valley was mostly bare with running water. From the valley up to the ledges, the trail had about 12 to 18 inches of consolidated snow. A lot of the snow was melted to bare ground on the sides of trail rail. From the tombstone to the summit almost entirely bare and dry with small pockets of snow. You can leave your snowshoes at home if you're only going to the summit. They may be needed for a ridge traverse. It was about 3 weeks ago that I made the traverse and they were needed at that time. The portions of the trail that had any snow depth were firm this morning but will soften up as the sun warms, however the snow really isn't deep enough to warrant snowshoes. I bare booted and had no problems. In another few days to a week everything will be melted, at least on the Ledges Trail. Looking over at the McKay Pasture trail, everything appeared to be snow covered across the ridge. Early hike today, so I didn't see anyone except a Porcupine, who didn't seem to mind my presence.

Wolfgang
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator: