Pharoah Lake

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkdog

Reaction score
We have never been to Pharoah lake and will be heading there in a couple days. Are bears an issue there this time of year? Don't really want to bring the canister if we don't have to.

You are always better safe than sorry.

Though I've never encountered bears in this area, I have heard stories of bear in the region (i spend lots of time in there and the surrounding region). Will they be active? I've never heard of them being all that active in the spring but ask yourself - do you want to be the first to have a spring encounter story?

Aren't they waking up lean, hungry,irritable (hypoglycemic), with a couple of bawling cubs? :eek:
We were there in the beginning of June and heard one at night.
I vote for bring the bear canister.

I should ammend my statement - April is not the time that I've heard bear stories but yes, later in May and early June they become much more active with their cubs in the spring. I tend to forget that spring goes until June 20.

Bears are active right now I can't say for that region. I saw bear tracks on a couple occassions this winter in the snow. Active can happen.