Old Santanoni Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceNsnow

Reaction score
Is the Old Santanoni Trail part of the new acquistion or does that land belong to the Santanoni Game Club and remain "closed" ?

Thanks for your help!:)

No, the new acqisition does not include the area around Bradley Pond or the old Santanoni Trail. The acquisition runs from Mt. Adams to the Preston Ponds and is wide enough to include Henderson Lake, but not the summit of Henderson Mt. The southern boundary of the acquisition is a mile or so south of the mine. And for those who have asked the question at other times on this board, the acquisition does not include any of the route to Allen Mt. So please behave, don't camp, stay on the trail, and in general don't do anything to make the leaseholders of the hunting camps unhappy.

Inge,

Finch-Pryun paper owns the land that the old Santa trail crosses as well as the Allen approach. They lease it to 2 separate Sportsman's Clubs, one on each side of the road heading into the Upper Works.

PB

Thanks for the info!

Thanks again, Alan!
I just got a response from Tony on another thread last week to confirm my thoughts that the recent acquisition didn't change anything regarding this route.
Inge