X-C on Tripoli Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skibones

Reaction score
Has anyone recently skied Tripoli Road from the Lincoln side? We were planning on doing a backcountry ski trip from Waterville up Tripoli Road and over to East Pond and I was wondering how the coverage was on the other end of Waterville.

Sorry... the ski area closed, and everyone I know left town...

I will say, when I left home on Wednesday morning, things were melting fast, and that trend has probably continued with the 60+ degree temps the last few days.

Unfortunately, I am not kidding. All the locals with school-aged kids -- essentially our entire peer group -- have bugged out over the last 96 hours. We were the first to go, but pretty much everyone has flown the coop. I will poke around and see if I can get a report, though.

Last edited:
DrewKnight said:
I will say, when I left home on Wednesday morning, things were melting fast, and that trend has probably continued with the 60+ degree temps the last few days.

Unfortunately, I am not kidding. All the locals with school-aged kids -- essentially our entire peer group -- have bugged out over the last 96 hours. We were the first to go, but pretty much everyone has flown the coop. I will poke around and see if I can get a report, though.

Thanks. I was more interested in the part of Tripoli from Osceola Trailhead to the Lincoln side. If you know anyone that has done the East Pond Trail recently that would help also. The temps last night went down to 30-32 at the house so maybe that will help keep the snow on the trails a little bit longer.
Skibones

DrewKnight said:

Three of us skied up Tripoli Road today. It started off with icy conditions and softened up. By the time we got to the Osceola Trailhead it was nice cornsnow. The ride down Tripoli to East Pond trail was a smooth ride--all downhill. There was only one bear spot where we had to take off our skis. Snowmobilers had packed down the trail. Unfortunately the East Pond Trail had no snow so we turned around and headed back up the road. The trip up was an easy, smooth climb with lots of glide. It's late into April, but yet we were still able to get a good day of skiing in.
If anyone is interested in doing the trip, I would suggest doing it soon. We'll probably hang up the skis but not the snow shoes!
Skibones