Frost in New Hampshire

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solitary

Reaction score
It's 29 degrees at my house in Keene right now (5:45 AM) and there is frost on my car windshield. The Mt. Washington Observatory web site says it's 9 degrees there. I wonder if this enough to put a damper on the spirits of the blackflies that are out in force now across southern NH.

I'm not sure how the cold affects the blackfly cycle, but I certainly hope that the two days of rain we just had don't undo the mosquito-limiting factors of the two weeks of dry weather that preceded.

It was snowing like crazy yesterday while driving route 2 (4:15 pm) through Randolph & Jefferson Highlands, continued like a blizzard down through Twin Mt. and so heavy in Franconia Notch that traffic slowed to 35mph with an inch on the road. Turned to rain when descending south of the Flume at 5:15.

Water

High amounts of water flow in streams just at BF hatch tends to wash the emerging hatchlings down stream. Let's hope that has happened this year as it did during the April Northeaster last spring. Last year was a very low BF season if you recall.

Just hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.