King Ravine/Airline Conditions? (May 1st weekend)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EthanOConnor

Reaction score
King Ravine/Air Line Conditions? (May 1st weekend)

Hello,

I've been asked to join on a Mt. Adams-via-King Ravine trip this weekend but I'm a little skeptical of the feasibility of the headwall right now; I'm wondering if anyone has had a look at conditions along King Ravine/Chemin des Dames and the Air Line above/below the Chemin des Dames junction...

Thanks for any input!

Ethan O'Connor

Last edited:
Was up there this weekend. Airline to shortline was mostly muddy with very little snow. Once you get to the king ravine trail, snow is more prevalent, but didn't need snowshoe's or anything.

Last edited:
was at crag this weekend, took lowes up. didnt make the summit, sat. was pretty nasty but talked to a couple people fri and sun who were up there. the ravine looked ok, some snow in low spots of course , crampons were a huge help but could probably have got by w/out them. Lowes above the log cabin, the gray knob trail and what i could see of the spur going up had ice and the center snow pack pretty prominent still. have fun, Mike D.