Poke-O-Moonshine and Sewards

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
I plan on climbing tiny little Poke-O-Moonshine next Friday, the 23rd. Hiking the "new" trail which begins about a mile south of the campground on Rt. 9. This trail was recently described in Adirondack Explorer. The climb is moderate, gaining ~1200' in about 2 miles. I plan on a relaxed hike to the summit where the views of the High Peaks and Lake Champlain from the restored firetower are spectacular. Start time is planned for 11:00. Will delay for a day if the weather doesn't cooperate. May descend via the old trail if we have a car spot. Right now there is a group of three ready to go, all are welcome.

The day after poco Poke-O will be for another attempt at Seward. Coreys Road is now open to the summer trailhead taking ~6 miles of road walk out of the hike. An early start is planned, but the other details haven't been finalized yet.

teejay

Good luck with Seward! It kicked my A$$ but we approached it from the traditional route. I am sure your going to go up Caulkins right? I will be camping at Wilmington Knotch Campground on Memorial Day and climbing the Macs on Sunday. Stop in for a beer on Saturday evening if your in the area. :D