East Sleeper via Livermore,Tripyramid and Kate Sleeper

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty

Reaction score
Date: May 17

Trail Conditions: Livermore and S. Tripyramid Loop in great shape. No snow, stream crossings not bad. Kate Sleeper slide dry and trail was snow free for about a half mile. The rest of the trail is primarily deep snow that was not packed down until I came through. Incredible amounts of moose droppings just east of West Sleeper. Weather was fantastic: warm and a pleasant breeze. That breeze kept the Black flies on Livermore pretty much at bay.

Special Equipment Required: snowshoes, compass (needed for my screw-up) :rolleyes:

Comments: This was a very difficult hike for two reasons:
1. The deep snow on Kate Sleeper
2. I actually got turned around on my return and ending up going the wrong way. :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: This happened in an open woods area west of the summit of West Sleeper. I ended up going backwards and went back up and over the summit until I realized something was wrong. Took a compass bearing and realized I was heading toward East Sleeper:(. This added about two miles and 400 feet of elevation gain.

Despite my screw-up, this was a fun hike and great workout. I also had the pleasure to meet VFTTers P2Piper and Wowser at the base of the S. Slide Tripyamid :D . They were also en route to East Sleeper. Hope you had a great hike, folks!

East Sleeper is #78 of the NEHH.

Marty

Last edited: