Hi-Cannon, Kinsman Ridge, Lonesome Lake to Cannon Mountain (Lost Poles)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Date of Hike: 5/20/2008

Trail Conditions: Hi-Cannon trail in good shape until just past ladder. After that the new snow from this week was slushy and melting resulting in a slushy, drippy mess. It was impossible not to be wet from head to toe.

Kinsman Ridge from Cannon to Lonesome Lake trail was a mess as well. There was still a lot of slippery stuff on this really steep rugged section resulting in slow going.

Lonesome Lake Trail down to hut had some snow but nothing difficult. From hut to trailhead was clear sailing except for massive amounts of mud near the lake.

Special Equipment Required: Waterproof boots, poles, change of clothes, maybe some light traction for Kinsman Ridge (none of which I had!).

Comments: I lost my poles right at the ladder on the Hi-Cannon trail. I had to struggle to help Sheep (my dog) up the ladder and in the process knocked my poles down the ladder. I wasn't able to get back down the ladder to retrieve them without risking him attempting to follow me and potentially falling so I abandoned them. (Lost & Found comments deleted by moderator) Otherwise I will chalk this up to not properly researching how dog friendly this trail was.

Photos will be at http://www.sheeprocks.com

Your name: Bill and Sheep

Last edited by a moderator: