Mt. Tecumseh

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaseri

Reaction score
Anyone been up Tecumseh lately? I searched the trail conditions but nothing came up.

Kaseri

New snow

New snow last night above 2000'. Maybe some more tomorrow night and Thursday night. Expect a few inches, probably won't last long.

KDT

Just wondering if snowshoes and/or traction devices are required. I went up Zealand on Saturday and we bare-booted all the way.

New snow was a dusting on Tecumseh

and is now long gone... The open ski slopes are all but bare now, with a couple pockets of man-made sticking around in the shade. As of last weekend, the vestiges of the snow left on the trails at the 2000 foot level were all gone -- we biked to the South Slide cutoff on Livermore, and everything was dry.

I can't, however, tell you what is left in the cols at 4000 feet -- nothing visible from the valley floor, but the last report I remember a couple weeks back suggested there was still some snow on the Sosman, etc. Here is one report from 5/3: http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22176. Bear in mind, a lot of snow has melted since then.

I went up Tecumseh early on Sunday May 18th. Barebooted the whole way up. There were some snowy/icy spots, but no need for any special equipment.