VFTT Hiker overdue in Catskills - Found

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmorgan

Reaction score
Long Island, NY Avatar: The REAL Dylan goe
Yesterday I hiked with Doublebow (Ross) and his wife at Peekamoose and Table. Ross had planned to leave us at Table summit to bushwhack Lone and from there to hike down to the Neversink River, follow it west to the trail leading out to Denning Road parking area.

He left us at approx. 12:45 p.m. taking a heading of 50 degrees towards Lone.

Our group, with Lisa, Ross's wife, arrived back at the Peekamoose trailhead at 3:20 p.m. Lisa was driving to Denning road to meet Ross, who I assumed would be out before us.

Doublebow is a very experienced hiker/mountaineer and was carrying a full pack with supplies for emergencies.

As of 8 a.m. he is still unaccounted for.

If anyone is in the area that can help the rangers are involved in a search for a 4 year old child.

Lisa can be contacted at 845-688-7772

I can be reached at 631-514-4389

Kevin Morgan

Oh, my! I hope that both Ross and this child are found unharmed very soon!! Have to stay positive...

kmorgan said:
Ross's wife called. He just showed up back at the motel.

Kevin

Whew. I am so relieved. After dom15931's and MonadnockVol's recent experiences, I don't want to hear any more bad news about VFTT members for a while!

Good to hear the episode involving Doublebow has turned out OK.

Please share the complete story, when you can.

G.

The young boy who went missing about noon on Saturday in the Catskills was found at 11:30am Sunday in good condition as reported here.

From what I could ascertain Double Bow's overdue return did not make any of the local newspapers, and thankfully all is well.

Last edited:
I'm glad I am reading this thread late at night after DB showed up at the trailhead. Now we just need to read about his adventure and not drive down to the Catskills to look for him. Having hiked with Ross, I know that he is very capable.

Wait, I thought we didn't allow LOST item threads on VFTT, at least David is always closing them... :p :D

Jay

We're not supposed to post lost and founds unless of substantial value and the thead should be closed after the first post.
Mods decided to let this one slide. ;)

Welcome home !