Square Ledge - Oliverian Brook, Square Ledge cutoff & Trail, Passaconaway Cutoff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenPeaks

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 5/25/08

Trail Conditions: Oliverian Brook trail in great shape: some flooding near the beaver pond and a bit of mud higher up, water crossings were easy. Square ledge cutoff needs some brush cut back, a couple minor blowdowns, water crossing easy. The Square Ledge trail needs a lot of trailwork. It's overgrown in many areas up on top and is close to a bushwhack in a few spots. Several blowdowns on the trail, It could use some new blazes too.

Special Equipment Required: Gaiters for some muddy spots and clippers to help you get through the brush on the Square Ledge trail.

Comments: This loop should be attempted clockwise. Hiking up the steep section under the ledge is much easier than going down it. Great view at the top of the steep section. Saw a couple of falcons soaring above the ledge. I wish I had a small saw or clippers with me. Lots of trailwork needs to be done on top of the ledge.

Your name: TenPeaks & LadyBug

Your E-mail address: [email protected]