Wood Ticks in the Northern Whites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I am sorry to say that wood ticks have made it up to the Randolph NH area. They were already in Gorham and appear to be working their way up the local watersheds. I picked up a few of them last weekend at the RMC crew camp which is near Appalachia. I would expect that they wont be up very high in the woods, but the power line cut at Appalachia is probably a place to keep an eye on.

It was nice while it lasted :(

Everyone here is in battle mode about ticks. At the town office the other day, someone plucked a tick off her arm; in the grocery store, I told the person in front of me he had one on his neck. What concerns me, maybe, is the people I hear from who are going to try spraying some tick-icide on their lawns at night. Maybe the stuff is OK but they're applying it at night, one said, so no one (person) walks in it. What's in the lawn chemicals, anyone know?

Just wait till the deer ticks descend on the upper andro valley. hell down here in conway the dog ticks are like mosquitoes, you just brush them off.