Any NE p2k finishers out there?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finished off the Vermont County highpoints including East and Signal as a minor project this summer and then went and hiked the Traveler Loop a few weeks ago just because it had been on my bucket list for awhile. Got to wondering how many of the Northeast P2K peaks I was up to and found I had done 43/56. Added Grass last week to bring me to 44. So it’s a thing now although I’m in no big hurry to finish. Prolly over the next year or two. Going to hit Kearsarge next. Easy one.

Anyone know if there’s any organized club or patch etc for this list? Couldn’t find any indication of such on various google searches.

Last edited:
I'm only at 44, and it will probably be several years before I chip away at the remaining 10 in earnest. Is the Black the one that's on the East shore of Lake George?

Last edited:
I finished the NE p2K list on Sat 10/31/20 on Black Mountain above Lake George.
Black Mountain is awesome - really tremendous views of Vermont as well as up toward the high peaks. The trail is well maintained.
50562519328_5904bf38cb.jpg

Congrats, Spencer! Very cool.

Added Putnam Mountain, VT to my tally yesterday. Cold Hollow Mountains HP is my last in Vermont. The others are scattered around NH and Maine.

Last edited:
Super satisfying day on Cold Hollow Mountain today to close out Vermont. Since my last P2K post, I also closed out New Hampshire, leaving me with just seven P2K peaks in Maine. First summit of Cold Hollow Mountain since snowflea and her companion signed through on December 11th.

Enough of that for now though. Season for yard-work and poolside sunbathing is upon us. Maybe a trip to way up yonder Maine later this summer.

Public thank you to TEO for the parking advice for my hike today as well as the tip on maple syrup. Picked up one quart for the family and another quart for the in-laws. :)

Last edited:
Just back from a stellar 5 day camping/hiking trip to Maine, where I picked up Big Moose, Coburn, White Cap, Baker and Doubletop. Couldn’t have asked for better weather and conditions! :D Leaves me with just Kibby and Boundary Bald to complete the list. Probably won’t get back to Maine until next year.

Quick note on the status of the Baker Trail, which is probably of more interest to New England 50 Finest aspirants … the most recent intel I had on the route from Number 4 Mountain to Baker (4.7 miles one way) was a New England Trail Conditions write-up from June indicating a lack of blazing and substantial blow down along one section of the route. I can happily report that the right people must have seen this report and the trail is now fully marked and free of any blowdown whatsoever. Signs of fresh cutting and sawdust all over the place in the area in question with blue paint that barely looked dry. So follow the blue blazes from the Number Four Mountain trailhead for just under 5 miles and then follow the red diamond trail to the summit of Baker at the point it diverges from the unmarked snowmobile trail. Wooden sign indicating “Baker 2.1 miles” about 50 feet prior to the junction. Easy peasy. If you’re looking for an outstanding full day fall wilderness hike, this is a good one. I was the first to sign the summit canister register in a month.

Last edited: