Chip and Paradox summit Mt Rainier

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Just a short note to forward a call I just got from Chip who happened to be by Mt St Helens as he called.. Both Paradox and Chip summited Rainier I believe it would be thursday 6/3 if all went on schedule. He told me him and Paradox had to climb through the cloudline to get to Muir and Ingraham and summit day wasn't much views and it was somewhat sleeting so no views but they came down and are out by Mt St Helens now.

I'm sure they'll have a longer report when they come back east.... Can't wait to hear more!

Jay

Tom Rankin said:
Yes, way to go, but you just missed this on the way down! :eek:

:D
actually Paradox ante'd up and got to take the first "blue bag" to the new facility...quite a local event; Mayor, News Crew, Marching Band... as we all waited for John to consumate the new facility...more on this later.

We're in some local trailer park-hotel-diner-bar-souvenier shop in Couger,WA right now. We summited Rainier in a dense fog/snow/sleet storm on thursday at about 7am. We had hiked to Muir and down on our own on Sunday and then did a 2 night via Muir and Ingraham Flats on Tues, Wed & Thurs with IMG (who got part of the concession to compete here with RMI). Great guides, very professional and helpful...plus they actually cooked food for us that was GREAT versus the run-off water that RMI heats for your meals...BUT I digress...

Full report and pics from Muir and Ingraham to follow after we survive the back woods Washington experience here.

Chip said:
actually Paradox ante'd up and got to take the first "blue bag" to the new facility...quite a local event; Mayor, News Crew, Marching Band... as we all waited for John to consumate the new facility...more on this later.

I hope not :p ! Congrats on the summit!