Mount Rainier to hold ribbon-cutting for toilet

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where's Cougar Rock Campground? Am quite familiar with Paradise and White River campground, but not that one.

$70K is alot of money, but ... anyone else ever used the outhouse at "Camp Sherman" on Rainier. It's on the route the locals use, at around 11K is a mostly avalanche-free area. Was about the nastiest I've ever smelled. And you had to use it, and not the blue-bags, if you were camping in that immediate area. Anyway, would gladly contribute some $$ if they ever decide to put a composting toilet at Sherman (or is it Shurman?).

Dr. Dasypodidae said:
Good stuff! They had a ribbon cutting ceremony for a new composting toilet at Muir Camp (10,000 ft) on Rainier in 2000, with local politicians and a major celebrity whose name I cannot remember hiking up for the event.
Forget the ribbon cutting, I want to know who got to take the first ceremonial dump! :eek:

Tom Rankin said:
Forget the ribbon cutting, I want to know who got to take the first ceremonial dump! :eek:

Me too.
Was it some high-profile person, with the media there, or, was it some schmo with a big grin on their face?

I'd like to know how they justify the 70K price tag.
Seems to me, you can get a couple of those baby's up to camp muir, for the same price, and save on the cost bluebags. :confused: :D