gore mtn parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
Gore Mtn is in none of my books, I didnt know you could hike it until I read it in here. Where is the trailhead parking at, and are dogs allowed.

Gore Mountain Trailhead

The trailhead for Gore is located at the North Creek Ski Bowl. If approaching from the south on Route 28, turn left onto Ski Bowl Road (.3 miles north of the 28/28N intersection at North Creek). There is a large DEC sign for the trail. There is another DEC sign for the Schafer Trail .3 miles down Ski Bowl Road on the right. You can park across from the sign. The hike is about 9 miles round trip with some significant elevation gain.

Check out the book, Views from on High by Jack Freeman. This is the book on Fire Towers in the Adirondacks and Catskills. It gives a good description of the trail.

Hope this helps!

Happy hiking!
Saus # 5237

Dogs on Gore

I forgot to answer this one. I am not positive, but I believe dogs are allowed on this trail. You could call Gore Mt. and check with them.

Yep..

Dogs must be allowed..Bird and I hiked it 2 years ago and we had his dog. We also met up with 3 groups that that had their dogs out for a stroll as well. If you're interested, our 'Video of the Month' on our site just happens to be Gore Mountain. Might just give you a little insight into what lies ahead... Here's the link to our Video page: Video Page
HEAD

BirdHead Studios

Gore Mountain Hike

Don't forget your ski equipment! I was up there last weekend to do some fishing and see the down river race on Sunday, and there's plenty of snow on Rumor and Lies!:D

Dogs are allowed. When I was up there last summer I crossed the path of some maintenance crews, they didn't say a thing. It's a killer climb. Right from the car you'll have to climb to the trail register. Then the climb is pretty steep and steady for a fair distance. Bring lots of water on a hot day.

The trail does cross the ski trails a few times. So KenG's advice is probobly good advice; to a point. Just be prepared for snow at the crossings.