Restaurants in Lincoln area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamples

Reaction score
I am going for an extended 4 day weekend up to Lincoln, NH in a few weeks with my girlfriend. Hopefully hitting Bridal Veil Falls among other hikes with her but I was wondering what people's favorites up in that area to eat were. We hit Woodstock Inn last year that we loved, and planned on going back there, but would like some other good options in and around that area. Thanks

The Common Man is really good. I don't think I've been to the one in Lincoln, but I have been to a couple of others around the state. They are family owned and Delicious. (Capital "D" on purpose) They are also pretty healthy- no hydrogenated oils in the meals. Each menu is a little different. If I were staying 4 days in Lincoln, I would eat here at least twice. Here's the link: Lincoln Common Man

No trip with a typical girlfriend would be complete without a visit to Polly's Pancake Parlor in nearby Sugar Hill... and you can check out the beautiful lupines in bloom.... I'm a girl, so kill me!

I still like the Woodstock Inn, downstairs or upstairs, with a Sox game on, and a good Weasel Wheat in when its available. Always been happy with Gords up the road as well.

Can’t remember their names, but a fish place in the shopping center by the supermarket and the dollar store, and a steak place at the other shopping center up the road closer to the Kanc were places I ate a couple times each last year.

Over in North Lincoln, Woodward’s Motor Inn and a pizza place across the street (from Woodward’s) were within walking distance of the Mt. Coolidge Motel, where I stayed several times last year.

The Longhorn, for breakfast.

An interesting place to have lunch is the Gypsy Café. It is not your standard fare when it comes to lunch. I find their cuisine choices delicious.

wardsgirl said:
No trip with a typical girlfriend would be complete without a visit to Polly's Pancake Parlor in nearby Sugar Hill... and you can check out the beautiful lupines in bloom.... I'm a girl, so kill me!

I like Polly's too and I'm a guy. There, I admitted it.

Nothing better than chowing down a batch of their pancakes and bacon before a hike. It also has great views of the Franconia Range, Twins, Presi's, etc. :cool:

I'll also vote for the Common Man, it's one of my favorites. Fresolone's has good pizza and other Italian dishes (very good sauce) plus they have a nice deck in the back right next to the Pemi. For breakfast my favorite is the Notch View Country Kitchen.

I spend alot of time inthe Lincoln area, and all of the above are great.If you want to do a nice dinner and splurge on her, I like Seasons at the Loon Mtn Resort. Nice romantic place, good food, a bit more pricy that the other options, but a nice change nonetheless.
B.

MadRiver said:
An interesting place to have lunch is the Gypsy Café. It is not your standard fare when it comes to lunch. I find their cuisine choices delicious.
Never been there for lunch, often for dinner. Excellent food, not cheap.

Heading out early you can stop at "Half Baked and Fully Brewed" for a latte and a great cinnamen bun or other breakfast things. Its at the east side of Lincoln on Rt 112. A great place for a more formal dinner is The William Tell on Rt 49 between Campton and Waterville Valley.

My fave dinner place is

Cold Mountain Cafe in Bethlehem. That's where I end up for late dinners out when I'm up. Sometimes interesting happenings at ye olde threatre across the street too. :D

I'll second the recommendation of Truant's, which is across the street from Woodstock Station.

If you're looking for something cheaper someday, you can get subs or pizza at either Earl of Sandwich or GH Pizza, which are fairly close to each other, on the left side of route 112 if you're heading towards North Conway.

For breakfast, White Mountain Bagel has some great stuff.

GOVONIS reopens on July 2!

Probably my favorite restaurant in the world is Govonis on rt. 112 a few miles west of North Woodstock. The Italian dishes rivaled anything in Boston's North End. The charm of this little place tucked between the road and a rushing stream cannot be matched.

Part of my affection for the place is that it was a fitting conclusion to many peakbagging trips to the area. Hikers, bikers, lovers and families are equally comfortable.

For a few reasons it has not operated every year the past several years. I do not know if the same family is operating it this summer but I do know I will be making an extra trip just to eat there. They reopen on July 2.

After a long dayhike on the Franconia ridge last Sept., I stopped at a local MacDonalds and had two Double Cheeseburgers.
They tasted like the best thing I've had in my life. Well earned!!

Well, I never said I reviewed restaurants.

Stan said:
For a few reasons it has not operated every year the past several years. I do not know if the same family is operating it this summer but I do know I will be making an extra trip just to eat there. They reopen on July 2.

I've always wondered about that place. I dont think I've ever seen it open.

This isn't in the Woodstock area but there's a new breakfast/lunch spot in Bartlett on 302 called Pear Mtn Restaurant. Great food, creative menu. I should be there 2 hours from now if I can get my butt in gear this morning...

Cascade Coffee House

...has interesting sandwiches, great desserts and good coffee. It is on Rte. 3 opposite from the Woodtock Inn / Woodstock Tavern.
Ed

Paradox said:
Heading out early you can stop at "Half Baked and Fully Brewed" for a latte and a great cinnamen bun or other breakfast things. Its at the east side of Lincoln on Rt 112.
A second for "this place that I couldn't remember the name of, and was driving me crazy every time I looked at this thread." They have some tasty lunches, too.

I am in with the Gypsy Cafe'...wide and eclectic menu..have never been disappointed..well maybe by the wine list..

At the Woodstock end....got to like the beer at the Woodstock Inn but my meals have always been better at Truants.....