MTV looking for "a hardcore wilderness expert"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedxing

Reaction score
Announcement says: "MTV's twice Emmy award winning show MADE is looking for a wilderness expert to coach 2 girls through the Alaska wild! We are looking for an expert between the ages of 25 and 35 with a ton of energy! Potential coach should be upbeat, but have a certain drill sergeant quality about them. Production is set to take place for 5 weeks between Michigan and Alaska. If interested, and you fit the criteria, please contact Jessica Arbus at [email protected]."

see also:

http://tinyurl.com/4wolfs

I wonder what Bear Grylls would say to that?

MTV? That's one network I'd like to take down.

I have not seen the show in several years, but this sounds pretty ambitious. They used to have stuff like "I want to make the cheer leading team".

Perhaps exposure on MTV could spark some interest in the outdoors and/or awareness of the environment amongst teenagers and younger adults. The outdoor enthusiast community has no shortage of characters who would make good television - so it could be entertaining.

This could be a good thing.

I nominate Ben Bowman (the charachter played by George Kennedy in Eiger Sanction):

BOWMAN: Want a beer?

HEMLOCK: You gonna call room service?

BOWMAN: We got beer.

HEMLOCK: If you hauled beer up this rock, you're insane.

BOWMAN: I may be insane, but I'm not stupid. I didn't carry it, you did. It's in your pack.(Pulls a six-pack out of Hemlock's backpack.)

HEMLOCK: Jesus Christ, I ought to throw you off this pillar. Besides, it's warm.

BOWMAN: I'm sorry, I thought you'd draw the line at hauling ice.

:D

Brian