rides in the Rangely-Stratton AT area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmegillon149

Reaction score
I might be doing some solo backpacking next month, and was wondering if rides are feasible enough to end at route 27 and make it back to my car on route 4.

My plans are to go from route 4 up to the Bigelows.

trailbiscuit said:
Stratton Motel

Haven't used them yet, but are planning on it in a couple weeks. Looks like they've got it down to a science.

I've used the shuttle and stayed at the motel. Reasonable and efficient.

Stratton motel/Maine roadhouse no longer offers a free shuttle to route 4 - it is now $25. This is not reflected on the web site.

trailbiscuit said:
Stratton Motel

Haven't used them yet, but are planning on it in a couple weeks. Looks like they've got it down to a science.

We did end up calling Stratton Motel, and had them help us with a shuttle last weekend to complete our hike on the AT over the Bigelows. Very friendly and worked out great. We'll likely be calling them for a shuttle later in the summer when we do the section from Rt. 4, Rangeley to Rt. 27, Stratton.

On a group hike a few years back as a co-leader I had to take a person off the trail at CVR... we get a ride back to car within 5 minutes on CVR, all the way out to the Crockers parking lot but it got better...by the time I took her to a doctor..and got her back to car at grafton Notch I drove to Rangeley..stopped in the store there and some guys having coffee gave me a ride up to the Access road to the naval Base there from where I hoofed it during the dwindling daylight through the most heavily moose populated area I have ever seen..made it up to Poplar Ridge at dusk and greeted the rest of my group as they straggled in the next morning..

easy rides

friendly people

one of my most memorable days on the trail

Last edited: