June 29 - missing hiker in Franconia

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentonfabrics

Reaction score
I dont like the sound of this one...

NECN) - A search for a Massachusetts man missing since Friday will resume today in the White Mountains.

About 40 people searched on Saturday for Daniel Merriman, 49, of Needham, Mass., a frequent hiker in the Franconia Notch area.

Fish and Game centered its search at Liberty Springs trailhead.

see link for full story

Last edited by a moderator:
David Metsky said:
FWIW, we came down that trail around 3:00 on Friday. We saw a woman on a cell phone, who seemed very concerned about something, but she did not ask us any questions. I do not believe we met anyone who fits the description of the aforementioned hiker.

carole said:
A link from msnbc/Union Leader.

Ziggy and his handler, Robyn Millan, of Grantham, who are volunteers with New England K-9 Search and Rescue are really good, as are the other K-9 volunteers. Not to take anything away form human SAR teams, but the dogs really have an advantage on searches (although they cannot help carry litters).

I was with Ziggy and Robyn when we made the find. I am so grateful to be able to bring him home to his family. Ziggy was definitely on his game - he wasn't exactly sure what he was smelling, but he took us right to the spot once he figured it out.

Rest in peace, Daniel.

Last edited: