Summer Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi

Reaction score
Is there one this year? Did I just miss the post? Last year was the first for me and I had a great time. I'd love to stay at the same place in Gorham, the sites in the way back were perfect for the group fire/food/party.

There has traditionally been a FALL gathering the third week or so in Spetember and the location rotates, so it will be awhile before Shelburne is a potential candidate. Last years was 9.99999 as the official 10.0 was waiting for Darren to return. Given all the excellent events occuring this summer anyone hosting a fall event has a challenge to match them.

If I had a choice, it would be the group campsite in Eustis this Fall, but its up to someone else to step up.

Bearly Live is Bearly Live, and although it's a gathering, it's not The Gathering. That usually happens in mid-September, and planning hasn't started yet. We've taken some care to separate the musical gatherings from the VFTT Gatherings, so as not to exclude anyone who doesn't particularly feel like listening to loud rock & roll and still getting up to hike the next day. Yes, there are some people who feel that way. ;)

But getting useless in Eustis sounds like a good idea to me! :D Redington, anyone? Sugarloaf? Spaulding? Abraham? Saddleback & the Horn? The Crockers? The Bigelows? :cool:

Summer - Fall....ahhh so my memory is poor.
Eustis sounds great. I offer my help however needed.

Mad Townie said:
Bearly Live is Bearly Live, and although it's a gathering, it's not The Gathering. That usually happens in mid-September, and planning hasn't started yet. We've taken some care to separate the musical gatherings from the VFTT Gatherings, so as not to exclude anyone who doesn't particularly feel like listening to loud rock & roll and still getting up to hike the next day.
The next level of differentiation will be by type of music: ie Bearly Live Blues, BearlyLive Folk, BL Acid Rock, Grunge, New Age. etc. etc.
I was planning on hiking Old Speck on Bearly Live Saturday. Any weirdos out there who want to join me?

Last edited:
I will point out that the Cathedral Pines group campsite in Eustis is an excellent place for a gathering as it is about 1/4 of a mile away from the main campsites (which have a strict 10 Pm quiet time). The down side is that there is no electric power at the site. Therefore any music is accoustic.

Of all of the gatherings I have attended, Shelburne White Birches, Crawford Notch Campground and the State of VT campground near Killington, Eustis was about the best physical set up for a gathering. Not sure about the other gatherings

Fall Gathering Sept. 19-21 ????

If i can make it to BL (work schedule), I would be up for Old Speck for sure.

yogi said:
If i can make it to BL (work schedule), I would be up for Old Speck for sure.
First, we better make sure that hiking at Bearly Live is permitted. :D

Fall Gathering ?

I figured I would bump up the thread. Of course given Bearly Live 08 as a benchmark, its a tough act to follow. We also need to come up with a version number as 9.99999999 was used last year and Darren gets to pick the 10.0 event.

My job is going to leave me tentative for the traditional date plus I ran the last one (as no one else stepped up) so its up to someone else to pick up the torch.

Given the current cost of gas we may want to rethink getting Useless in Eustis, then again a good excuse to carpool so a few of the mean girls can supply us with another road trip video. BTW, no pwer in the group site at Eustis.

peakbagger said:
We also need to come up with a version number as 9.99999999 was used last year and Darren gets to pick the 10.0 event.
We have plenty more '9's to use up. :)

Eustis

Yeah - I'm noticing that all of you folk from ME think it's a great idea! I'm still paying $4.05/gal...

I'd remind you that it's been six years since we met in ADK's NY! Of course, the BBQ w/end seems like another gathering, so it's hard to count them out.

Can we get a bit further south in NE??

Is there a definite date agreed upon?? That's what I came online looking for. (You're proably going to agree on 9/19-21 and I'll be in LP then anyway) :p
[opps, messed up on the original month notation, thanks Audrey]

Last edited: