Private campgrounds around Lafayette?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed at Country Bumpkins over Memorial Day weekend with my kids. At that time (still non-peak season) it was only about $4 more per night than Lafayette, and it's very convenient to route 93. Right in Lincoln off exit 33. Not much there in the way of things to do inside the campground for kids, but would be a decent launching point for a hiking weekend.

I stayed at Country Bumpkins before also, really liked it. Right on river, close to town yet MUCH QUIETER than Lafayette CG. At the time it was actually cheaper than the State or National Forest CG's.

Thanks everybody, Mimi and I stayed in Waterrest campground probably more than we wanted too (we shortened a backpack on the pemi to basically a stay at Galehead Hut) but Waterest was a nice campground with clean showers and a nice site (either on the little beaver pond or the pemi river). We heard a loon in the pond too the last night there.

Anyway, it's $24 and the same as Lafayette which we stayed for one night. Do not use the showers at the campground office, out of 4 showers, 1 works and it's filthy. For that price, I'd much rather stay at Waterest, plus the folks there are really nice and the let me park my car there for the weekend at Bearly Live.

Jay

RLC said:
I stayed at Country Bumpkins over Memorial Day weekend with my kids. At that time (still non-peak season) it was only about $4 more per night than Lafayette, and it's very convenient to route 93. Right in Lincoln off exit 33. Not much there in the way of things to do inside the campground for kids, but would be a decent launching point for a hiking weekend.

Ah, Mimi and I saw this on the map and we drove by it a couple of times when we were taking the scenic route (aka rt 3, rather than I-93)... Thanks for the rec.

Has anybody stayed at the Androscoggin Campground which I think is by the Rt 302/Rt 3 junction somewhere by Twin Mtns? Also there is a campground on 302 just around the corner too, are these any good?

jay

Jay H said:
Has anybody stayed at the Androscoggin Campground which I think is by the Rt 302/Rt 3 junction somewhere by Twin Mtns? Also there is a campground on 302 just around the corner too, are these any good?

jay

yep - Its Ok - your just on top of each other. not much privacy.

waterest rules.

I think you mean the Ammonoosuc Campground which is right next door to the Pizza Pub on Rte 3. Large place - haven't been there in a few years, but remember the rest rooms being rustic.

On Rte 302 in Twin Mountain there are a couple you could be talking about. If you head south on Rte 302 and go 1/2 mile, the Living Water campground where alcohol, radios, and dogs are not permitted is on your right.

If you head north on Rte 302 and go 1/2 mile, the TarryHo campground in on your left. We have a year round site there (along with HikerBob from ROT) so ping us if you have specific questions on sites/info. Clean restrooms, several sites on the Ammonoosuc river, free WifI if you need to stay in touch while away. (TarryHo

Yeah, oops, some river that begins with the letter A.... :D

Living Water is on the Map Adventures map that I have too... We passed both of those on the way to Zealand Road.

Jay