What is the equivalent of climbing Everest 16 times?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arm said:
BSP forecast calls for 100% chance of heavy rain saturday ... sounds Wicked Awesome :rolleyes:
That's all right just flip it like people say, you know instead of 100% chance of rain just think of it as 0% chance of sunshine. ;)

Jeez...Arm...Debbie downer all the time. :D :D

Don't worry the rain will hide the tears! Pretty special time guys congratulations on the journey! :cool:

Reactions: arm
Way to go Seema and Brian!

It is an amazing accomplishment and we are so proud of you!

It may rain, but that won't keep your spirit down :)

Hot Cheese and Birdbath summited late Friday afternoon, and saved the rain for the last part of the descent. They will become official Mass-holes again in about two hours.

Attn: several photos included in post

Yup. Seema and Brian surprised us with a Friday finish. Since my last communication with Seema pointed very strongly to a Saturday finish, Spongebob and I took advantage of the nice weather to hike up OJI. Saw no one. Lingered on the top and other look out points for a very long time. Took short mountain naps and enjoyed the views. We knew we'd be in for a long, wet, possibly viewless slog on Saturday. I felt pretty bummed for Seema and Brian that they'd missed out on finishing during the stretch of beautiful weather.

2259851140100693914S500x500Q85.jpg

2889332020100693914S500x500Q85.jpg

We got back to our lean-to around 3pm. I noticed right away that the large bottle of wine had been moved. "Hey!!! Who's touching my stuff?" Seema had left a long note under the wine bottle explaining the epic hiking push they made to finish on a good weather day! Sad to miss out on hiking up there with them, super happy that they were headed up in good weather. They arrived back to the camp ground in true Seema style: in the rain at 1 am! Hugs were given out sleepily (and a little stinkily too, as you can imagine) I directed them to the plate of brownies waiting for them on the seat of my car.

In the morning Spongebob and I re-packed all our car camping stuff (i.e. too much of everything) as tightly as possible so that we could fit the stinky packs in the trunk and three thru-hikers in the back (Seema and Brian were hiking with a woman named Bound and she needed a ride out of the park). They held our clean packs on their laps. Lots of chatter about the gorgeous leaves on the way out, a stop at the AT cafe and then a long, sleepy drive to Portland where I unloaded everyone, including Spongebob. Then a long sleepy drive back to VT in the pouring rain.

It was pretty darn cool to share small pieces of Seema and Brian's trail adventure: when they came through VT, when I saw them at hikethe115's in North Conway, and meeting up with them in Baxter. I doubt I will ever thru-hike the AT myself, but it sure was fun to live vicariously through these two.

Congratulations! Here's to a healthy post AT recovery.

2429692930100693914S425x425Q85.jpg

2111838930100693914S500x500Q85.jpg

2901420500100693914S425x425Q85.jpg

Awesome accomplishment Brian and Seema! I hope to meet you folks some day, don't be surprised if I bow down in respect! ;) Thanks everyone for keeping this thread going and up to date! It's been so nice to follow along on the journey and see these two beautiful people cement a bond for life with such an incredible adventure! Amazing feat in itself, not to mention staying so upbeat and positive to the end.

Toe Cozy & Sponge Bob, Those pictures in the car on your last post are priceless!!! :cool:

Its impossible to find words to begin to express the huge congratulations & recognition that you both deserve... I'll just say this is a truly amazing and inspiring accomplishment by two wonderful people. Way to go!:)

G&B

I haven't met either of you - but my congratulations as well...what a journey to undertake before getting married. My best wishes for years of happiness, on and off the trail.

Congratulations, you two! We're all very proud of you and happy for you. Oh, and some of us are a bit envious, too! :rolleyes:

You did this trip together, you can do ANY trip together.

Awesome job! You 2 realized long ago that anything is possible in life as long as you work hard for it. Well done!!!!!!!! (spraying cyber champagne on you both).

Welcome back to reality and see you soon!