Cannon via Kinsman Ridge Trail from Tramway Parking, 7/14/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirabela

Reaction score
Monday,7/14/08

Trail Conditions: very badly eroded! Low down, there are places where trail is literally a trench, where the surface of the surrounding ground is at hiker's shoulder level! Higher up, slabs are scoured bare & wet. Requires considerable care in a number of spots!

Special Equipment Required: the usual dayhike stuff

Comments: Optional - honestly, I can't really recommend this trail owing to its present condition. While it travels through lovely woods to a beautiful overlook and then to the Cannon summit, it is in urgent need of a visit from the TFC. The basic maintenance is fine -- it is well brushed out, all blowdowns are cleared, etc. -- but basically it seems like the travel on it has just created too much damage. It's kind of sad, really.

I was in St. J, and had the late afternoon and evening free, so I bombed over to the notch for this hike. I was rewarded with an excellent workout and lovely views, but I'm sorry to say this seems like a trail we ought to be leaving alone.

Last edited: