Mt. Marcy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is still snow on Marcy. Also, I am looking to join the 46ers club, but i don't have an address. If anyone could help me contact them it would be very helpful.

Here should give alot of info.

http://www.adk46r.org/

I was at ~4150ft in Maine(Bigelow Mt) on Monday and there was some snow in very sunless areas but for the most part it was gone. I would not think Marcy would be a whole lot different. There are probably patches but for the most part no. But I have not been there this year. It was not a big snow year, just cold.

Cheers-
John

Hiked Marcy last weekend (5/15) along Slant Rock Trail from the Garden. First snow on trail was around the ~3700ft level. Up to treeline there are maybe a half dozen patches of trail crossing snow of 20ft in length. I suspect those may be gone after this week. The snow was no big deal (snowshoes and crampons not necessary). The only thing that will slow hikers down is the amount of water rushing down Slant Rock Trail on points above Slant Rock. The water makes the rocks a bit slippery, especially on the descent.

It is a bit muddy. So bring the gaitors and extra socks wouldn't hurt! Just ask my girlfriend who stepped into mud about 1/5 ft deep. She wasn't a happy camper at that point.