Mt. Carlo from the East

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardsale

Reaction score
Has anyone wacked to this peak or to the cols N or S of it from the East? TOPO shows a few trails/woods road following various streams which make up the headwaters of the Sunday River. Wondering if they are useable.

Answer....yes. Today I found the Wright Trail. This blue blazed trail leaves The Sunday River Road in Ketcham and follows the Southern branch of the Sunday River to its headwaters in a steep sided cirque just to the NE of Goose Eye. I didn't have the time/energy to make it to the AT but I am sure with a full day it would be fine. This trail must be fairly new as it is not in my 10 year old AMC guide. Because all hiking is really hypothetical skiing, I must report that the trail to the cirque is gradual to moderate in open woods. It closely follows the stream which is ledgy and fairly free of blowdowns. Would be a good bc ski with a few turns. The cirque itself is steep on all sides. Open spaces are ice routes, not ski routes.