Favorite website for large photo prints?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pudgy_groundhog

Reaction score
I typically order smaller prints, so quality isn't as important. But now I need to get some prints done (8x10 and some larger than that) and would like to hear your suggestions on websites to use. Thanks!

ETA: one of the pictures is a panoramic shot, so I need to be able to keep the dimensions of the picture surrounded by white space (did that make sense? I think most websites have that option, just wanted to add that just in case)

Last edited:
I've been happy with mpix.com - fast service and excellent print quality. They go up to 20" x 30".

You can always slap a white border around your shot to get it to whatever aspect ratio you want. If your photo software can't do this, download the GIMP.

Search old threads - this question has come up before :)

I've had very good luck with Walgreens. I've had numerous 8"x10" photos made (not larger than that, though) and the color has always been good and as long as you send them digital files in the proper form factor, they've done an accurate job w/ the edges. (although I usually add whitespace borders myself just in case)

Easy to upload pics to their site, & you just choose which nearby store you want to pick the pictures up from, and an hour or two later you can show up and pay when you get them.

I've used Target also (flickr used to partner with them so convenience was a plus for me, maybe they still do), but was less thrilled by the accuracy of their edge placement.

edit: I just checked the Walgreens website & although they do offer 11x14", 12x18", 16x20", and 20x30" poster prints, it is mail order only. Not sure I would use them for these larger prints (I like the convenience of store pickup) but the 8x10"s are nice and at $2.50 ea is a decent price.

Last edited: