Mt. Davis via Dry River Trail + Bushwhack + Davis Path: 21-Aug-2008

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
Trail Conditions: The segments of the Dry River Trail & Davis Path that I travelled were in generally good shape. I did a bit of poking around on the west side of the Dry River (north & south of the damaged suspension bridge) to try to find a spot to rock hop across the east bank of the river where the trail continues. If there is such a spot I missed it, and so I ended up taking boots off and forded the river.

One other noteworthy item regarding “trail conditions” is this. There is a spot between the suspension bridge and the Mt. Clinton Trail junction where a well-worn side path veers off to the west (toward the river). I didn’t notice it on my outbound trek when heading north on the trail. However, on my return leg, I got fooled by it! Heading south on the Dry River Trail, this side path is more apparent than the actual trail. I went down this path for just a bit before realizing I was off-trail.

Comments: Full details for this hike are found at the Trip Reports forum.

1HappyHiker