Cabot, Horn, Bulge, Unknown Pond Peak via Mill Brook, Kilkenny Ridge & Bunnell 8/23-4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison ivy

Reaction score
Cabot, Horn, Bulge, Unknown Pond Peak via Mill Brook, Kilkenny Ridge & Bunnell 8/23-4

Trail conditions: Mill Brook Trail was very muddy and swampy but easy to follow. Kilkenny Ridge had muddy spots but was mostly good. One trouble spot near Kilback Pond -- three bog bridges are floating in about 3+ feet of water... definitely expect to get wet feet while walking the see-saw. Bunnell Notch Trail was a little muddy in spots, but not terrible... goldenrod in the meadows low down was over my head. Very buggy there too.

Comments: Wow... that hike up to the height of land on Unknown Pond Peak was tougher than I expected! Easy fern-whack to the summit. Nice night at Unknown Pond (except for the loud group chopping down trees near the pond. :mad:) Nice to finally see the views from the Horn and to see Cabot without snow on it. And my first moose sighting of the year, woo!

Pictures here if anyone is interested.