Gathering idea

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowshoe

Reaction score
Funkfreddy had a great idea about a gathering at my house It is still in the thinking stages but I am trying to get an idea of who would come and if it is a good idea. I am not sure on a date yet, that will all depend on whether I go to the acadamey in the fall. It may be in the Spring or early summer. If I dont go to the academy I was thinking about early Dec.

Anyway I was thinking of having a gathering at my place in NW Jersey. I think it would work out great because I have an extra room with a bar and wood stove. Plus an inground pool. I also Have 9 acres so anyone that wants to camp would be able to camp in either the woods or a feild. We can also get some great hikes in since I live 10 minutes from High Point and Stokes as well as the Northern Delaware Water Gap. Well over 100,000 acreas of protected forests all connected. Peple could also camp out at high point and Stokes as well. We could make a weekend out of it a friday through Sunday, that way those of you from farther away can do it. It is still in the planning stages so I am just trying to get an idea if everyone thinks it would work. Plus those of you up North can see that Jesey has some great hiking. What do you think?

WOOOHOOO!

We'll be there!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Seriously, that's very generous of you. Thanks for the invite. I think you'll get a good turnout. Since I only live about 40 minutes away, please let me know if you need any help with anything.

I would like to go of course! Shawn, I just finished reading the book you lent me, "Touching The Void". Great read, hopefully none of us will have to go through anything close to what they experienced. By the way, are you and Rob interested in the full moon campout June 3rd?

BoB will be there

You're from Jersey?
What exit?

A closer gathering- hiking familiar ground- happy to be there.

Keep us posted on when and what you need.

Rob, I noticed that:

1) you added a signature that explains to us dummies what your screen name means :)

and

2) yesterday was your birthday- hope it was a happy one. Hate it when people are younger than me:D

Eric,
Thanks, yeah it was good, but would have been better if I was hiking instead of working ........
you added a signature that explains to us dummies what your screen name means
...... and I thought it was clever .....oh well .......
I still like this one: i124Q ......... :D

The Shawn Shindig should be a blast! I'll probably see ya before then. Wish I could join you on sunday. Any plans for monday, Memorial Day? Carla has to work so I'm free and looking to get out on the trails.

Rob

Hey Shawn - Please keep me posted. I'd love to bring my 3-year old up to high point as well to do some exploring.....
PS how is your wife holding up on the baby front in this heat??
Wish you all the best ...
Cheers
Rick

I'm sure the baby carrier will slow you down enough... :)

Nice avatar, except you know that you may have to change your username to

"barefeet"

I know a friend on the Harriman group who hikes in sandals..... In winter.... in snow.... I wonder if they make crampons for sandals? (leather ones, not plastic)

Jay

Dates are tough

Like most others on this site, the summer schedule is filling up fast.
Keep the dates below in mind that are booked for me, possibly others on this site.
8/22 weekend at NY Daks unofficial Gathering.
9/17 the 'official' Gathering 7.0.
Does the beginning of August work ?

Last edited: