Cliff, excellent conditions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinness

Reaction score
Friday, August 29 was a great day to hike a great trail up Cliff. The conditions were excellent. The trail crew (Christine, Gary and others) have made this herd path so well defined and easy to follow the only thing missing was disks on the trees. I must give that trail crew all high-fives.

I started out this day with a full pack with plans to stay in the back country for the long weekend. I met Christine, Gary and two others at the suspension bridge on the way up to Uphill lean-to. They are a tireless group heading to Gray for trail work. I dropped the overnight gear at Uphill and left for Cliff. The mountain was all mine this day. Only a couple of minor wet spots had to be passed through, otherwise a great trail. The cliffs were fun today! I sat at the summit a few minutes taking it all in.

The return to Uphill was fast and uneventful. It was just past 2:00 and I decided to hike back down to Calamity lean-to to wait for TMax and crew as they were heading in this evening. It was still early and I developed some serious blisters so I decided to walk out. Not a bad day to carry a full pack to day hike Cliff!

Last edited:
Nice job Guiness! I missed you by 2 days :D. I saw your name in the register and figured I might run into you, but noticed that you cut your 3 day trip a little short (now I know why). I hope your blisters are getting better...

I ended up doing Gray, Skylight, and Cliff as a dayhike yesterday from Upper Works. Gorgeous day!

Hi 1ADAM12,

I have multiple Vasque Sundowner Summit GTX boots, one pair sized for winter and one pair sized for summer. I grabbed my winter boots which are 1 size larger to accommodate the expedition grade SmartWools. This trip I used light SmartWool hikers in my winter boots and I was slippin-n-sliding all day. Call it an Oops!

Hi
Guinness

Glad you had a nice day hike.
For a minute it sounded like you were training for something; hiking with a full pack for the fun of it.
I hope to see you out there this winter.
Al

Guinness said:
Hi 1ADAM12,

I have multiple Vasque Sundowner Summit GTX boots, one pair sized for winter and one pair sized for summer. I grabbed my winter boots which are 1 size larger to accommodate the expedition grade SmartWools. This trip I used light SmartWool hikers in my winter boots and I was slippin-n-sliding all day. Call it an Oops!

I have those boots as well. I love em ;)