A look back at Winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
A look back at Winter (Washington and Monroe)

Well, I never did post a report on one of the most spectacular hikes this winter, the Washington/Monroe trip . . . I want to Thank all of you who made that trip so very memorable as the last trip of official winter for this past season. I got caught up in life stuff and things were hectic during that time BUT I thought some of you might appreciate the memories so even though it is a LOT late, here are my pictures from that trip . . .

community.webshots.com/user/sli74 Posted under Washington and Monroe

sli74

Last edited:
Awesome!
Very cool shots, Seema!

Are you sporting the Grivel G-10s?

Great pics of a grand day out Sli :)

For weather data I'm all set for next winter (and I guess for the summer when the bugs are sleepy or my body armour arrives) as I now have a data logging weather device from Brunton. However, it hadn't arrived for that trip.

Checking the Mt Washington Obs archive I see that at 5am it was 5* with a wind chill of -24* The next days obs show a max of 26* and a min of -2* for that day.

Whatever the digits, it was a great day and a fantastic way to end the official winter season.

For more pics of that day you can find mine starting here and I know Turnbill has some great pics on his site also.

I don't know about everyone else... but I'm ready for winter!

Bob

Great memories!! It was a great day Seema!! You had a great plan and we were treated to great weather, with great people!!! What else is there.... ah life is good!

Have a great trip out west, i hope to see you for 2-3 days on your long trail trek.

Great Pics Seema...you just had to include that one of me doing my Three Stooges routine, eh? :rolleyes:

That was such an incredible day, made even better by the great company. It just wouldn't have been the same as a solo hike!

Ummm, ease off there HikerBob on the winter stuff...I haven't begun to enjoy summer yet! :D

Max

Last edited: