Percival/Morgan Loop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
I have wanted to do this loop for a while now, after driving by so many times and seeing all the cars there I fugured they must be doing this trail for a good reason.

Well, Geneva and I finally found out today that they are right, it was a very nice trail to hike, and offers some excellent views of Squam Lake and the Ossipee Mountains.

We parked at the Morgan Trail Head and walked the .3 of a mile to the Percival Trail Head. On the way we saw a very active and well, busy beaver dam being constructed. Those little critters are amazing, and natural engineers. You could say they were born to be engineers I guess.

The trail is well marked, and easy to follow and has some nice signs to point you in the right direction.

Geneva had a blast rock climbing and scrambeling and hauling me up to mountain. There were a lot of people out and about, and a lot of loose dogs, so I kept her in her harness and attached to my hip belt today. She did great and only tried to drag me over one little spot... When I stopped to rest, she sat down or laid down and took in the view or the smells around her, and glanced at me on occasion to see if I was ready, finally, to get going. Oh, to have the boundless evergy of a nearly one year old puppy!

I would reccomend this hike to anyone who wants a shorter hike than normal, but still with some scrambeling and some steep sections. The book time is 3 hours 20 minutes, we took our time and did the loop in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

I didn't expect to see so much water on the trail, but it has been a pretty wet late summer. Geneva really evjoyed playing in the water, and liked the mud even more. ;)

All in all a great day to be out and about getting some fresh air and playing with the puppy!

:)

Last edited: