Team Dom Denali Show AMC Cabot Hall, Boston Oct 9, 7:30pm

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
This is a Thursday evening event at the AMC HQ at 5 Joy Street in Boston.

The presentation will be part still pictures and part film from our expedition in May/June this year. Admission is free although we have a jar where people can put voluntary donations to AMC.

Some of the team members will be there and we'll answer any questions you might have.

Directions to AMC HQ: http://www.outdoors.org/about/facilities/facilities-boston-directions.cfm

Also want to thank the AMC Mountaineering Committee for helping to put this on.

Looking forward to see you there!

Team Dom

Somebody film it and post it on YouTube... Put the slideshow online too for those that can't make it...

Have fun guys! :D

Jay

I had recommended to Mats that the 21st Amendment is a good place to meet up beforehand (probably too busy on a Thurs to get a group in there afterwards, but you could try). Best sliders in town! It's right around the corner, just across from the statehouse. Just an idea. I'm game for meeting up after work wherever.

Last edited:
I dunno, maybe I'll go to this. Do they have a... oh, I won't ask that. I'm sure they have a regular restroom there...

I'm up fer some drinkin' afterwards but since I'll be coming from work... in the Hartford Connecticut area... I won't be meeting anyone beforehand.

-Dr. Wu

Hey Mats - I'm disappointed that I'm going to miss this event. I'm flying back from London on the 10th and will miss it by a day.

I think I'm going to make this one.

anyone know a decent place nearby ? are these places within walking distance ?

http://www.jacobwirth.com/
http://www.beantownpub.com/

The Beantown Pub is less than 5 minutes away. Jacob Wirth is a bit further down in Chinatown if I recall....been a while.

The 21st Amendment is a great place but extremely small and it does get packed....esp. on Thursdays.

Downstairs at the Red Hat is a great meeting place as well. Right down the street.

peace.

Looking forward to see you guys!

The majority of the team will be there as well.

If you don't have any plans for Denali yet, you might start having them after this......or if you have plans....you might scrap'em......you'll see for yourself ;)

chinooktrail said:
Any chance of doing a slide show in another location, like say, oh, Wonalancet?

That would be nice.

I know a dance hall there we could use.

;)

That sounds really interesting......first a slide show and then we hang the disco balls in the ceilling and shake them legs loose!

Maybe can do that over a weekend in Wonalancet....people go hiking Saturday and Sunday and will be taking a break Saturday night for slideshow and dance....maybe kate Sleeper did that back in the days at her B&B?

Please do come to the Boston show regardless since that's a definite and there is no cover charge....

We gotta talk Chinoktrail......a dancehall needs some dancers in it.....

Mats Roing said:
This is a Thursday evening event at the AMC HQ at 5 Joy Street in Boston.

And went is the Montreal presentation date. Just joking.

Rejean. :)