Owlshead Last Minute

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakn

Reaction score
Company to Owlshead ?

Moving this posting up again because I haven't yet made the trip. See my next posting below re this coming weekend. Thanks!

Harry

Last edited:
Still Looking for Company to Owlshead for #48

My better (smarter) half hasn't wanted me to hike Owlshead alone because of the total distance plus the bushwhack and the streams, yadayadayada....
With the weather looking so good all week, I'm planning to go this weekend with or without company, but it would be nice to have some.
I'm open for either Saturday or Sunday, starting early, at a relaxed pace but keepin' on moving along.
Please PM or e-mail if you're interested in joining me for #48.
Thanks, Harry

Peakn, check out trail condition report posted form Oct 4 &5th conditions, water crossings knee high in places, it has been drier since then, but be prepared for potential cold and wet crossings...it's gonna be a beautiful long weekend, enjoy the time in the woods, even if owls head is a bit anticlimatic!
ctsparrow

Thanks Sparrow.
I did read that report and was hoping that the crossings would get a bit easier with all the dry weather. It looks like the trip will be on Tuesday, as I have a friend available to hike on that day. The long range forecast seems to be improving so there may be no rain at all or at worst a few sprinkles between now and then.
We will be prepared for wet, cold conditions in any case.
Thanks for the input.

Harry

peakn said:
With the weather looking so good all week, I'm planning to go this weekend with or without company, but it would be nice to have some.
I'm open for either Saturday or Sunday, starting early, at a relaxed pace but keepin' on moving along.
Please PM or e-mail if you're interested in joining me for #48.
Thanks, Harry
I don't think you'll have to worry about being alone this weekend. I'll go with the over on 100 people trying to conquer the mighty Owl this weekend. You'll probably be able to have a constant conversation and not be talking to the same person.

Finally the Day

Well as it turns out my Tuesday companion can't make it, so with this great weather, Sunday is finally THE day for Owlshead, my #48. I'll be setting out from Lincoln Woods at about 6:30 AM. Any company would be welcome.
Thanks all,
Harry