Isolation, Davis, and Stairs loop by Dry River, Davis Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyF

Reaction score
A loop hike from Jericho Rd. Rocky Branch Trail (south trailhead) to Isolation Trail (east branch) to Davis Path to Stairs Col Trail, back to Rocky Branch with the all the spurs to views. 20.06 miles, 4769 feet of elevation gain.

Date of Hike: 9/20/2008

Trail Conditions: All water crossings were rock hoppable. Rocky Branch fairly dry. A few mud patches but not much. One walk around blowdown that needs clearing. One section with some sidehill erosion that will likely need rerouting soon. Isolation Trail is very muddy for the first quarter mile, but dries up after that. Davis Path in good condition. Some mud but it is in small patches. Stairs Col is pretty dry but rocks are mossy up top and still slippery.

Special Equipment Required: None

Comments: Great weather. Great Views. Didn't see a soul from start to Isolation. Where was everyone on this beautiful day? I did pass two hikers who missed the spur to isolation, 3 backpackers on Davis path, two more backpackers at Stairs who were doing the same loop as I, two more hikers descending Stairs, plus Tonka the dog and his human on Stairs Col.

I started at 8:15 AM, was on Isolation by noon, and back at the car by 4:30 PM.

Your name: AndyF

Your E-mail address: andyf0722 [at] comcast [dot] net

Last edited: