Highpointers up the Butt: Three turn around

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be camping in Vermont this weekend, the next update will be when I return late on Sunday, maybe Monday if I am too tired.

June 3rd

The day started with the leader, Peter Anderson, not feeling well (unrelated to altitude, bad head cold) and deciding to go down. That led to a couple of hours of decision making (who would go down with him, what to do with the storm approaching). Ultimately both Thom Davis and Garret Oswald decided to also leave, from what I was able to understand Thom had not been feeling well for a few days, Garret went down for "personal reasons".

The other three then proceded up to 11,200 feet and made camp. A storm is still forecast for Saturday, the Sunday weather is not yet clear. They plan to carry some stuff to around 13,500 feet on Friday and return to 11,200 and wait out the storm there.

They are stll on schedule, and feel sorry for their three comrades who have had to turn around but, as Frodo put it: "That's the way things go on expeditions".

Highpointers up the Butt full report.