L@@k at Lafayette! (inline image)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
The Franconia Ridge cleared briefly this morning, and it was white all the way from Lafayette down to Liberty. It was quite spectacular. Snow line on Lafayette was down to about 4200'. Garfield and Cannon were clear. By the time I got a camera on the ridge, the clouds had lowered again. It's been squalling on and off all day. But here's a close-up picture taken at 3.30 p.m. of the NW ridge of Lafayette (the hut ridge) with snow visible down to about 4200'. If it clears later, I'll see if I can a full shot of it.

2108800410044554306VWkOOR_fs.jpg

(Well, I saw the picture on the preview but now I'm not seeing it. Just a red x. Are you?)

Last edited:
Waumbek said:
The Franconia Ridge cleared briefly this morning, and it was white all the way from Lafayette down to Liberty. It was quite spectacular. Snow line on Lafayette was down to about 4200'. Garfield and Cannon were clear. By the time I got a camera on the ridge, the clouds had lowered again. It's been squalling on and off all day. But here's a close-up picture taken at 3.30 p.m. of the NW ridge of Lafayette (the hut ridge) with snow visible down to about 4200'. If it clears later, I'll see if I can a full shot of it.

(Well, I saw the picture on the preview but now I'm not seeing it. Just a red x. Are you?)

Awesome!

I didn't see it at first, then it showed up...must just be a downloading/connection thing.

WinterWarlock said:
Awesome!

I didn't see it at first, then it showed up...must just be a downloading/connection thing.

I don't see it. Just a blue square with a question mark.

I cannot see the image with either the IE or Firefox browsers. When I click on the jpg link that Dave posted I get a 403 error with Firefox:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /71/8/0/41/2108800410044554306VWkOOR_fs.jpg on this server.

However, the image displays instantly in the thread with Safari.

The image is a Webshots "full size" image (or at least as full as the browser can display on the users display). I had previously tried to put full size images in my forum posts, but I had noticed this bizarre behavior with Firefox, my normal browser. The image would initially appear when I previewed the post, but would later disappear by the time I actually tried to post. I concluded (apparently incorrectly) that Webshots was blocking hot links of full size images. I also had concluded that perhaps the full size image initially displayed because the image was in my browser's cache, but later timed out because it was so large. Perhaps the problem is something in the browser preferences, and may be image size related.

Apparently none of that is an issue with Safari (at least with my preferences there). I will have to dig further when I get a chance. Perhaps someone else has fought through this issue before.

edit:
cragway said:
nevermind I had to hit refresh :rolleyes:
OK, that worked for me also. Still there must be a reason for this bizarre behavior.

Last edited:
Tom Rankin said:
Don't have Safari, but none of the other suggestions work for me! :(

And in fact, after revisiting, again nothing works for me! (using Safari)

Dick

IT's ''forbiden" for me also. I am using Firefox with my IMAC.
:confused:

It's a temporary URL. Webshots doesn't keep those URLs up forever. To post a link you need to go through the Webshots UI and create a permanent direct link, IIRC.

OOOOh that's pretty interesting. Can't wait till tomorrow. We're going to attempt Monroe and Washington.

Yes, Virginia . . . we have SNOW!

Didn’t have my camera with me, BUT you can rely on this eyewitness report! Looking at Mt. Jefferson today at about 6 PM from Route 302 in Bethlehem . . . trust me . . . it appears that some significant snow has fallen in the mountains!
(But, might not last long, if we get some of that predicted sunshine this weekend!)