Isolation & Ike via Davis Path, Isolation (west) Eisenhower Trail & Edmands 10/11-12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison ivy

Reaction score
Isolation & Ike via Davis Path, Isolation (west) Eisenhower Trail & Edmands 10/11-12

Trail conditions: Davis Path -- in very good shape... muddy in spots but nothing terribly troubling. Last pumpable water (heading north) was someplace between Davis and Isolation and that was not much either. Isolation Trail (west) was very muddy in spots (boot-sucking) but alternated with dry ground with good footing. It is not blazed and I had a little trouble following the trail through hardwood areas with my headlamp (lots of leaves covering up the path.) Ended up camping after becoming unsure of the route... though in the light it was perfectly obvious so if you're traveling before dark you'll be fine. Dry River crossing was an easy rock hop... didn't even get my boots wet. Eisenhower Trail was lovely... a couple of muddy spots but nothing to be worried about (though the ridge with Crawford Path always looks so far away!) Eisenhower Loop was a zoo, as was Edmands Path, which was very muddy.

Comments: This was a really great backpack... we saw very few people until reaching Crawford Path... which was nice on a busy holiday weekend. It was my first time visiting Stairs (just beautiful) and Davis. Dry River Falls was worth the side trip.... it was huge! Really great weather for a fall backpacking trip.

Pictures here if anyone is interested.