Hiking Stores, Outlets near Whitefield NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's at least one nice shop in Littleton. Nothing in Whitefield that I've seen.
There's a great guitar store in Littleton a couple doors down from the hiking store, if you're into that too.

What do you consider "nearby"?

If Lincoln and N. Conway are within your parameters, check out LaHouts in Lincoln (the shop near Aubuchon's Hardware at the east end of town), and IME and EMS in N. Conway. Also Ragged Mountain in Intervale. LL Bean has a store near Conway.

Also - I think the shop Chip is referring to is owned by Lahouts now - they have several stores around the area. Mostly they seem to be ski shops, but some have good hiking stuff.

Depending on where you are going in your travels, say north is your destination, there is also Emerson Outdoor Outfitters in Groveton, 603-636-2211.

Depending on where you are going in your travels, say north is your destination, there is also Emerson Outdoor Outfitters in Groveton, 603-636-2211.

Have you been inside that store lately?? They dont have much left for inventory except for guns, ammo, and hunting supplies. The entire upstairs salesfloor is empty too. It used to be a nice store. I think the north country economy claimed another retail victim. Shame...

Have you been inside that store lately?? They dont have much left for inventory except for guns, ammo, and hunting supplies. The entire upstairs salesfloor is empty too. It used to be a nice store. I think the north country economy claimed another retail victim. Shame...

Actually I was, in September. They still had some pack raincovers in stock at that time. It was not as bad then as your description of it now. Therefore, I am sorry for an errant report, I too agree, it seems as if there is another victim to the economy.

Lahouts North Face Patagonia in Littleton, 99 Main Street, is your best (closest) bet; Lahouts North Face Summit Shop in Lincoln is probably second closest. N. Conway has EMS (now moved south into the malls area), IME, and Ragged Mountain. It might also be worth shooting down I-91 to Farmway in Bradford VT, on the CT River border with NH.

What do you consider "nearby"?

If Lincoln and N. Conway are within your parameters, check out LaHouts in Lincoln (the shop near Aubuchon's Hardware at the east end of town), and IME and EMS in N. Conway. Also Ragged Mountain in Intervale. LL Bean has a store near Conway.

Kevin, since you don't live in these parts anymore, you might be interested in knowing that both EMS and LL Bean have really nice brand new stores, side by side, on the west side of route 16 at Settler's Green in North Conway.

Thanks for the update, Ed. I knew they were in the process of moving, but hadn't been there in my last visit a few months ago. I visit Ragged Mountain regularly, but avoid N. Conway/Conway at all costs due to the traffic and congestion.