Isolation, Sunday - November 2, 2008

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Weather permitting; and lacking any last-minute surprises, We're planning to head for Isolation on Sunday, November 2. Is anybody interested in joining the hike?

The plan is to hike a traverse from Glen Ellis Falls parking area to the trailhead for the Rocky Branch Trail on Route 16. We'll hike to Isolation via the Glen Boulder Trail, Davis Path, Isolation Spur, and exit by way of the Davis Path, Isolation Trail, and Rocky Branch Trail. The hike route works out to 13.3 miles, 3800 feet, and a book time of ~8.5 hours. The views on the Glen Boulder Trail and the initial section of the Davis Path are outstanding but the area is above the treeline and fully exposed. The forecast for Sunday looks great for this hike. An on-trail target time of 8:00am should have us back out at the trailhead between 5:00pm and 6:00pm. I am comfortable with an earlier start but prefer to avoid anything later.

We expect to hike at a moderate pace which is around book time, perhaps a little more.

If you are interested in joining this hike, please respond to this thread or by PM.

If you're not interested in the hike but could help with a car spot, the help would be appreciated.

:)

Considering the clock change on Saturday night/Sunday morning and the fact that it will move the available daylight one hour earlier, we are making a change to the meet/start time.

Our plan is to meet at the trailhead lot for the Rocky Branch Trail at 7:00am. There we can consolidate gear into fewer vehicles and head for Glen Ellis Falls parking area for the start.

Remember "Fall Back" means 7:00am will feel like 8:00am. :)

Not this weekend for me. Probably a bit longer than I can handle right now, but I'm looking to get out too, for something short and small. Maybe North and Pack? Have fun!