Jefferson Notch road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rejean

Reaction score
Some one know if the road is still open at this time of the
year?

Jefferson Notch road is usually gated quite late in the season and generally is open at least until the end of hunting season. Obviously, the south approach from the base station road is generally more drivable than the approach from the north.

Was open Wed 10/29/08

Marley (my dog) and I went up to the first cap on Wed. We had to go and check out the snow accumulation. Road conditions were not bad, I left the truck at home and took the car.

Last edited:
Snow line was said to be 3000', which would mean only the very top of the road at the trailhead would have a snowy condition, and the rain and warm temps forecast for the next few days are supposed to wipe out the snow. The only question will be if wet areas freeze to icy death spots overnight.

Snow line was said to be 3000'
As of yesterday, even around the train station at Crawford Notch (2000' ish) was white. No more than an inch even up around 4,300' on Mt. Field though.

Tomorrow is forecast for 50's down low and 40's up high, so big changes are coming…